Why I don't like Microsoft

As anyone who follows the virtualization business know by now, this has been a tough week for us at VMware.

CEO Diane Greene stepped back, effective immediately, and was replaced by ex-Microsoft employee Paul Maritz.

This event led to a brief discussion with one of my collegues, who is also a former MS employee, about whether or not Microsoft is an evil company.


(Photo: batmoo)


As he pointed out, MS has invested huge sums in research, and has hired some of the brightest people out there. These people come up with excellent ideas and they receive the funding to put those ideas into practice.

So what is the problem? One word: Windows.


(Photo: aralbalkan)

I am not at all a religious man, and I certaintly don't want to be religious about this either. But the fact of the matter is, I find Windows completely ridiculous as a platform for anything but gaming. This is my honest opinion.

I was frustrated to read an article about Silverlight 2 in the August issue of DDJ. This is actually pretty cool stuff, but it is not for me. I know it runs on my Mac, but you need Windows to do any serious development.


John Lam - what a waste of talent (Photo: timheuer)

I don't have the patience for running Windows, because it sucks terribly. This is hardly a controversial opinion. I tolerate it at work, because the job is otherwise great, but I wouldn't dream of running it on my home computers. Over the last few years, I have come to realize that OSX is the only OS that doesn't suck one way or the other. For a few years, I was running Ubuntu on my laptop, but I was never very happy with it. I was wasting far too much time fixing small problems and trying to get basic stuff like suspend/resume working.

On my MacBook Pro, everything works. I have been using it daily for a few years now, and the number of times is has crashed is still below ten. You would never get that kind of milage from a Windows box, probably not even if you left it idle.

So while I really like .NET, C#, LINQ and all that, I can't use it, because I can't stomach the OS that comes with it. I really don't care very much about whether Microsoft is good or evil, but I'm sad to see so much talent go to waste. This is why I don't like Microsoft.

1 comments:

  buy real telegram members

July 21, 2020 at 5:29 PM

Why buy telegram members?
Most people who set up a telegram channel want to create an internet business, but how can we make money from our telegram and channel? The prerequisite for answering this question is how much membership we have. Usually, at the beginning of the road, an buy telegram members will be a very difficult and time-consuming task and you should not expect growth and revenue from your channel or group until you have a large number of members.


To buy real telegram members, you can easily search for the Increase telegram member on Google and then select a reputable advertising company and give them the job.


Forced Add is a method of adding users to channels, which is done by some unofficial telegrams. As buy telegram channel members and is widely used in various countries, many informal telegrams have entered the competition arena. These unofficial telegrams add a lot of functionality to the main telegram.

In this way, the Increase telegram member will send a message to users buy telegram group members, and people will only see what your channel name is and if they want or need your channel, they will join your channel.


Similar to the buy telegram channel subscribers, push notification is used, except that the message you send contains your photo and ad text like a banner.