In the Zoo

Recently, my friends and I spent an entire day at the Zoo.

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, and everyone else seemed to have hit the beach, so the place was almost deserted.

We were hung over, most of the animals were drowsy from the heat and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

I mean, just take a look at this guy. If such a creature can't bring out the giggles in you, what can?

Also, many of the animals are just breathtaking. Check out this photo. These are by no means lucky shots...Siberian Tigers just are that beautiful.

Actually, the resemblance to our cat Diva is clear, although Diva may be slightly less intimidating...

Looking back, I am surprised to say that the animal that fascinated me the most was the brown bear. There were two of them, and they were very restless.

Watching them from a distance of only 10 feet, their restlessness was contagious. They breathed heavily and kept following the same pattern back and forth in their cage. Maybe it was just before their scheduled feeding, or maybe something was bothering them. We never found out.

Everytime they paused in front of me and looked straight into my eyes, I couldn't help looking down at their claws and imagining the kind of damage they could do to human flesh...those thoughts left quite an impression on me.

The bear is truly an awesome creature, and as I discussed with my younger brother, there is not much you can do to avoid it in the wild. It will certainly run, swim and climb much better than you. This is clearly an instance of the human being superior only with a rifle in his hand.

Spending an entire day in the Zoo was therapeutic to me. It gave me time to process the impressions from the concert we attended at a festival the day before, and it inspired me to ponder life, the universe and everything. I need to do that sometimes.

0 comments: